After reading the brief I took into consideration the aspects that were required to be in the finished product/ artefact ,that will explore a range of human movement and expresssion.
The final product has answered the given brief because it has a lot of human movement and facial expressions. The project title was”Move 2 Dance” the reason for chosing this is because dance has a lot of movement involving the body, not only does it just involve the body it is also important to look at expressions. The project shows movement into one image. The first idea for the project developed was a street dancing type called “Krump” I chose this type of dance because it is a type of dance among the youth who see it as a way to release anger, aggression and frustration positively, in a non-violent way.
Aims and objectives for the project
Technically the aims and objectives of the project was to create a piece of digital work and I was hoping to create a good quality photomontage which would clearly show the different body parts when krumping and how the body moves, energy and exaggeration. The project has met the the aims and objectives because I followed my plan step by step in order to achieve this.
Strength and weakness
- using Photoshop, color correcting and using layers, tools
- Time keeping, having to creative a piece of work with a time constraint
- Planning and development
- Deciding on how the final image will look like
What I have learnt from completing the project
- Experience on human movement and looking at examples of depictions of the human form in ancient classical art, Renaissance Art, Classical European Art, Impressionism/post impressionism, Modern movement and Contemporary Art. knowing the techniques and concepts behind collage, photomontage, constructivism, ready made dadaism, pop art arte pvers and conceptual arts
- The challenge on working with time and more experience of working with the computer to create a digital artifact.
- More experience of working with Photoshop